Let's face it, going to work can be a wallet vacuum with the transportation, clothing, and food expenses. But hey, we should be going to work to earn money and not to spend! So forget your daily signature coffee and get a 3 in 1 while we list down other saving tips we can practice at work.
1. Walk and save 10 pesos daily - what better way to start your work day but walk and burn some morning calories? Short FX rides, say from the MRT to your office costs you 10 pesos daily. And if you're lucky to be early, why not try walking to your office (if it's walkable!) ?
2. Bring your lunch box - it takes some effort and patience to wake up early and prepare a packed lunch for work but if you do this, you'll be able to save 50-100 pesos daily. Not only that, you won't have to think incessantly which store you'll be getting your lunch and eating inside the pantry is more convenient rather than squeezing yourself in a jam-packed cafeteria.
3. Eat before you go - it really pays to wake up early and eat breakfast at home. It'll prevent you from panic buying breakfast in the morning and it will even make you less grumpy.
4. Coffee and tea in your pocket - take advantage of the hot water facilities at work and instead of rushing to an expensive cafe for a pick me upper, why not come prepared with sachets of coffee and tea? You can have as much as you want for only 5-6 pesos per cup as compared to 100-150 pesos in a cafe.
5. Don't forget snacks too! - okay, we're not being gluttons here but really, a huge slice of our salaries go to food. We are pinays after all and we LOVE to eat. Come rush time after 5pm, we hurry to the bus and train stations with an empty stomach. To quiet your rumbling stomach, always bring small snacks like cupcakes that you can buy cheap at the grocery.
6. Assemble a 5-day uniform - some are lucky to have uniforms and it's really a money and time saver. If you don't have one, assemble a two week uniform line up with your own clothes. Who cares if you repeat them after sometime, you're going to work and not a party :) This saves you from shopping every payday just to refresh your wardrobe. Think: Others may look good with their new and branded clothes but you'll end up simple yet RICHER.
7. Relax - stress can cause any girl to run to the salon or spa and get an expensive hair treatment or a luxurious body massage. This is not bad but try to breathe, relax, and think of your happy place whenever you feel some pressure. Stress and problems can lead to spending misbehaviors.
8. Buid your retreat spot - not in the mall but in your house. Designate a quiet place like your bedroom to become the place that will heal you after a tiring day. Looking forward to this will save you from loitering outside the metro where you will end up spending just to feel better.
9. Saturday Treat - or any day at all, schedule a day to become YOUR day when you can pat yourself at the back and give yourself a treat for being able to save. Be reasonable with your self treats though! Count the money you saved and just get a tiny bit of which as a prize for being a hardworking thrifty girl.
How about you? Do you have any tipid tips to share? email your pinay saving tips to email@example.com and let's share them here ^^
I'd like to say hello to all the Pinay Money Maker subscribers! Thank you for subscribing and I hope you enjoy getting our posts in your e-mail.